Friday, June 10, 2005

Pay Homage

"Comes A Time
Comes a time when you're driftin'
Come a time when you settle down
Comes a light feelin's liftin'
Lift that baby right up off the ground
Chorus: Oh, this old world keeps spinning round
It's a wonder tall trees ain't layin' down
There comes a time
You and I we were captured
Comes a time when you settle down
We were right we were giving
That's how we kept what we gave away
Chorus: Oh, this old world keeps spinning round
It's a wonder tall trees ain't layin' down
There comes a time."

Neil Young

...Every now and again I can't get something out of my head. This song has been ringing in my head all week. Fully completely lyrically genius. If we could all just convey feelings as such. A particular time does come in everyone's life..ahh no sense in breaking it down just sing along and relate floks. Its real easy. Like pouring milk on your frosted flakes. And for everyone it should take its own shape but you have to feel it within. Ok I can't resist...just read the 2 lines..."We were right we were giving...That's how we kept what we gave away" and think about it..very powerful!! So you see my form of inspiration in any given day does draw significantly from music but not always. Sometimes its something I see or just plain feel. So tell me whats inspiring you today? Have to love the days that you wake up smiling and eager.
"I still love rock'n'roll and I love to play the songs in my set that are sort of rock'n'roll, but I don't see a future for me there." Neil Young
For those that pay attention to our little music world..who does this sound like?

Have a great weekend and remember "There comes a time"

1 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

Great line! I'm going to have to borrow it!

12:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home