Friday, January 06, 2006

Will Over Skill........Canada Takes Gold

http://www.tsn.ca/world_jrs/

Yes this was a team of young guys that were supposedly unproven. This is the beauty of Canadian Pride at its best. Take a team of young kids and throw in Brent Suter and look out. The Russians even talked trash leading up to the game about how historically they are a more skilled team. And that they should be able to dominate Canada. News Flash Russia 5-0 Canada! Last year it was 6-1 Canada. I know this is only the World Junior Hockey Championships but to me its a huge stepping stone for a Countries up and coming talents. I'm so tired of ESPN. This whole tournament wasn't even mentioned let alone covered. I really hope OLN can keep the NHL market and take ESPN forever out of the picture. So back to the game that I couldn't get on any TV channel so I had to call my dad and ask him to turn the game up loud so I could listen. There is a warm fuzzy feeling that is hard to describe when a Canadian team crushes the Russians. You are born into it and its not something that just happens overnight. As a kid in Canada you witness Canadian Teams playing the Russians at all levels and its the best effort you will ever see. My brother still talks about the time he played the Russians in a tounament. Proud day fellas! Proud day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home