Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Super Mario in my mind again!

http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/columns/story?columnist=burnside_scott&id=2232372

So basically Mario is saying he's not one of Canada's best players at this time and it wouldn't be fair for him to fill a roster spot on the Olympic Team. What a class act from a player that I must admit at times throughout his career I've rolled my eyes. Now where am I going with this. Patrick Roy I hope you read this. A sign of a great player is a player that recognizes he has lost that edge and gracefully accepts it. And this is not intended to be a cheap shot at the US Olympic Team in Salt Lake but I really feel the US did itself an injustice by even having slow and outdated players like Hull on the team. Yes we all remember how Hull started his whining when his ice time was cut in the Olympics. In my mind it was already too late. He shouldn't have been on the roster. The US has tons of young talent that now needs to step up into the big time show and make it happen.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

YEA

10:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home