Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Rico Fata

So I just got my USA hockey magazine and normally I give it a pretty good look. They offer some good instrutional type stuff that I use with the kids occasionally. But the cover caught my eye because it was Rico Fata on the cover. He plays for the Pittsburgh Penguins. Its cool to seem him being successful at the NHL level. This kid grew up mainly with my brother and was an athlete like you've never seen. I remember him pounding home runs on my brothers baseball team at a very young age. His dad was hard on him and his brother Drew but both of them went on to play in the NHL. I can remember Rico playing against me in hockey when I was probably 12 and he was 8 or 9 the youngest kid on the ice by far and just schooling me with a spin move. I'll never forget that was the first spin move I had ever seen at my age.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home