Thursday, October 20, 2005

Team Canada Roster

If I were Wayne Gretzky and I had to pick from this list here is what I would chose. Some day I'll look back at this to see how accurate I really am. I think the only thing I have going is I won't make political decisions. I'm not going to favor players because of a name. I just hope Team Canada does the same. The 23 players I chose are highlighted in Red.

Team Canada -- Potential Olympians (81 players)

Jason Allison
Jason Arnott
Patrice Bergeron
Todd Bertuzzi
Pierre-Marc Bouchard
Daniel Briere
Jeff Carter
Marc Chouinard
Sidney Crosby
Shane Doan
Kris Draper
Simon Gagne
Dany Heatley
Shawn Horcoff
Jarome Iginla
Paul Kariya
Vincent Lecavalier
Mario Lemieux
Eric Lindros
Joffrey Lupul
John Madden
Kirk Maltby
Patrick Marleau
Brendan Morrison
Brenden Morrow
Glen Murray
Rick Nash
Rob Niedermayer
Joe Nieuwendyk
Jeff O'Neill
Michael Peca
Keith Primeau
Mark Recchi
Brad Richards
Michael Richards
Michael Ryder
Joe Sakic
Marc Savard
Brendan Shanahan
Ryan Smyth
Jason Spezza
Eric Staal
Martin St. Louis
Steve Sullivan
Alex Tanguay
Joe Thornton
Scott Walker
Wes Walz
Steve Yzerman

DEFENSE:

Adrian Aucoin
Rob Blake
Jay Bouwmeester
Dan Boyle
Nick Boynton
Eric Brewer
Eric Desjardins
Adam Foote
Scott Hannan
Barret Jackman
Ed Jovanovski
Bryan McCabe
Kyle McLaren
Derek Morris
Scott Niedermayer
Dion Phaneuf
Chris Phillips
Chris Pronger
Wade Redden
Robyn Regehr
Sheldon Souray
Steve Staios
Brad Stuart

GOALIES:

Ed Belfour
Martin Brodeur
Dan Cloutier
Curtis Joseph
Roberto Luongo
Andrew Raycroft
Jose Theodore
Marty Turco
Cam Ward

6 Comments:

Blogger Andrew said...

Ok ok I could make a serious case for Rick Nash

12:53 PM  
Blogger courtney said...

pardon me for being hockey-dumb, but damn...that's alotta people for ANY team.
do most of them count as subs just in case someone gets knocked the F out?

1:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go AVs

1:49 PM  
Blogger Andrew said...

Courtney thats funny! Usually there are 4 forward lines consisting of 3 players(12)...Then 3 pair of defensemen(6) and usually 2 goalies..the other 3 are used for injury purposes and stuff like that...or maybe a third goalie etc..Go away AVS fan!

1:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So how many AVS are on that team? I think they are going to win the cup. That looks like the Predators line up when they were in the championship with Team TSU at the roller hockey conference finals.

10:06 AM  
Blogger Andrew said...

Well obviously add freaking Eric Staal!!!

12:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home