Thursday, September 22, 2005

Hurricane Rita

Well here comes another one. Rita reached cat 5 status overnight but as of 2:00 or so today it has been downgraded to a 4. That’s good. Now if we could just get all the people stuck in traffic jams on their way everything would be good. I hate traffic and couldn't imagine running out of fuel, not having a bathroom (women mainly), and creeping along thru the night all the while running on little to no sleep. Well I know this happened to Paul's family (Lake Jackson area) and Tiff's mom and grandmother. This impacts everyone whether you think it does or not. If the Hardcastle's need some repairs you can count on this guy to go help out. Same goes for the Richards. Tons of tools and a truck will be on its way. But lets not think that way yet. Pray for these people all along the coast and throughout Texas and all of their families!I just found out this morning that it appears an older couple from the League City area (metro Houston) will be staying with me. I'm not sure of all the particulars yet except that they are the parents of a friend of my brother's and sister in laws. So basically I've got a spare room and bathroom for now. I feel really bad for these people. Imagine being told to evacuate and not knowing what’s going to happen to your house. Not to mention you can't find a hotel anywhere in the state for the most part.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home