Monday, August 22, 2005

Seatbelt Extensions

As I sit here awaiting our office meet and greet luncheon. Can you feel the excitement flowing from my veins? I'm reminded that something’s must eventually come to an end. Certain chapters must close and to that there are many more to come.

I think I may have a new hobby. Or at least interest again. Went to Nac this past weekend with Tiff and went shooting skeet with her pops. I've shot trap before and just messed around with the clay targets but never tried skeet. It was a blast and very challenging. I feel as though the heavy slug gun of a benelli 12 ga. didn't really help matters. Give me a light 20 ga. and I think I may be ok at it. I did fairly well for the first time also considering I haven't shot since February. Have I managed to include all of my excuses yet? Oh and it was blazing HOT.

Its now 12:15 think I may just be considered the snob. Oh well I'm not hungry anyhow.

I also managed to work with the youngest dog this weekend and fired a gun over her for the first time. I was surprisingly amazed at how well she did. She still has the short attention span, which is a difficult thing when working with a pup. Getting rather excited about the opening weekend of dove season. I actually like the taste of dove but I think the significance of the opener is the fact that it signifies the beginning of the hunting season. Time to sharpen up and re-load those shells..clean the guns..buy a license etc.
Should airlines charge an overweight person for two seats? I say YES. Especially after traveling next to a person tilting in at or around 350. She spilled over into my space or my comfortable area that I supposedly paid for. Not to mention at that poundage you don't exactly contain body odor very well. She came fully prepared though with a nice sack lunch that appeared to be low carb. So picture this...a three seater with her in between two guys. The guy on the end didn't seem to mind he was so elated to have hiked with his family. He seemed to have possibly caught a slight gay bug at some point in his life but forgot to mention that to his wife. Anyhow I know this all sounds bitter but until you have traveled 2 hours next to jabba then hang in there with me please. And I know I shouldn't make fun of someone like this...but when you ask for a seat belt extension I think you should be required to pay for two seats.

2 Comments:

Blogger courtney said...

i feel your pain, drew.
i have no sympathy for people like that. then again, i'm sort of a bitch.

you got anymore montana pics? i'm thinking of planning a trip for the man and myself.

7:25 AM  
Blogger Andrew said...

Not exactly sure but if Tiff reads this she may be able to give you a better description. Its off of the loop and the exit is just past the middle school then you turn right on whatever road that is towards Melrose I think...then they live in a small subdivision on the right about 7 miles from the loop. Not sure if you are familiar with this? I believe she grew up in town near the high school area but not for sure on that.

7:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home